Monday, December 16, 2013

McDonalds and Tim Hortons do not want my money

Monday, 3am. Hectic week, mostly away from home for me so I slept from Sunday Afternoon til Monday 3am. I usually sleep 4-6 hours a night, but I was exhausted. I dont eat while I travel, so I did not eat some 8 hours prior to falling asleep. Woke up, noticed there is nothing really to eat. Nothing while my cook is away. She's due in 3 hours, but I am hungry now. I do not cook.

So, just like my primitive ancestors, I went hunting, Monday 3am, through foot of snow, wanting to use my money instead of a spear to catch me something to tide me over til cook is back on schedule and so I can be fed normally again.

First stop, McDonalds. It took me about 20 minutes to get to it, so by now its around 3:20am. Its 24 hr McDonalds, and signs posted indicate that they serve that disgusting crap McDonalds likes to call'Breakfast' from 6am til 11am, and 'Lunch' the rest of the time. I approach the counter and this 5 foot tall, 300 pound girl tells me that I cannot order because 'the system is down'. Asking in French and in English gets basically same stupid response (this is in Quebec). Five minutes later manager shows up, smells like marijuana, unlocks 'the system', and is finally ready to take my simple order. Yeah, not exactly. Apparently unlike all other McDonalds restaurants (I am not expert on McDonalds, I hit it maybe twice a year, I prefer Harveys) this one decided that they do not care what sign says, because they chose to serve only breakfast starting at 2am. I offered to pay two times the cost of burger I wanted (Angus with Bacon), burger is 6 bucks, I offered them 15, then 20, and they simply explained that they locked down all 'meat' because of some idiotic rules of not mixing Breakfast and Lunch meats, although they do have Bacon, sausages and Ham in  Breakfast menu. Whatever, idiots do not want my money, I'll take it to only other place open 24 hours in this area (I live pretty far from fast food restaurants, nice community, lot of privacy, not a lot of people around) that I would not vomit from right away. Tim Hortons.

This Tim Hortons also wanted to be exception to how to do business. Coincidentally girl attempting to take my order was also 300 pound, 5 foot tall oddity.I guess I found out the secret of what type of people are willing to work these shifts. There was about 5 piled up open display cases of donuts. I wanted glazed sour cream timbits, just a 10 pack, its 2 bucks. I figured you cannot mess that order up, I can see them, almost touch them, and by now its nearly 4 am, my cook will be back in under 2 hours and I can eat real food. Apparently what I was looking at is not for sale until next day. Attempts in both English and French to get her to explain why and why would she just not sell food that is right there, as well as attempted bribe of 10 dollars for 2 dollars worth of donuts went nowhere. Her boss, who was not there as she was apparently all alone, told her that those are for tomorrow. She was scared of him more than she wanted my money.

Finally I went to Couche Tard. Its basically like USA 7/11, just Quebecois chain.I bought milk and Krispy Kreme version of Timbits.

So here's why poor people are poor. They are too stupid to feed a hungry rich man. I do not visit either McDonalds nor Tim Hortons to care why they have idiotic rules in place. If you are selling something that is losing value every second (premade donut), you take the money and sell it if person wants to buy it. You do not wait until its more stale just because. Stupid people.

Thanks to Vedmak.

No comments:

Post a Comment