Saturday, November 2, 2013

Internet Is Down ... Except for Facebook, Twitter and Google

Unfortunately YouTube is in down for me, alongside with almost entire rest of the internet.

I can search on Google, but results fail connection. Gmail, Google Translate and Blogger work, and its amazing that except for couple social media services everything else is down.

My ISP's Twitter and Facebook do not mention a problem, Tech Support number has prerecorded message blaming power outage, and speaking to actual tech person leads nowhere as guy cant speak English at all, speaks horrible French with ghetto accent and keeps denying its them.


Thanks to Vedmak.

3 comments:

  1. I happen to be having the same problem with Comcast in the Boston area on January 10, 2013 at 10:22 AM. Nearly all links from the Google search results are dead, but your page loaded.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am having the same problem with Comcast in the Boston area on January 10, 2014 at 10:24 AM.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My page probably loaded because its hosted by Google Blogger. I found that things hosted on clouds, like Google, Facebook, Amazon, all worked during my problem with connectivity.

    I do not have advice for you as my problem resolved itself after about 3 days. My ISP kept denying its them, I checked things on my end for one whole day and concluded it definitely was not on my end, spent two days basically offline with decision to look for different ISP, then connectivity just came back to normal.

    Some other people with similar problem fixed it by replacing router, uninstalling and reinstalling firewall software, but none of things they mentioned helped me.

    ReplyDelete